Winter Hill Skills Course
This two day course is the ideal course for the summer walker who would like to continue walking throughout the year.
Working in a small group with your instructor you will cover topics such as:
- Additional equipment required in winter
- How to carry and use an ice axe
- How to fit and use crampons
- Understand weather and avalanche forecasts, how they affect you
- Navigation and safe travel in winter mountains
Equipment and Kit Information
All equipment will be provided, but bring along a packed lunch and plenty water.
Sat, 12/12/2020 - 08:30 to 17:00
Sun, 13/12/2020 - 08:30 to 17:00
Fri, 08/01/2021 - 08:30 to 17:00
Fri, 12/02/2021 - 08:30 to 17:00
When we advertise this activity as a public course you can view it here or on our course calendar page. If we do not have any planned public courses, you can organise your very own group adventure day. To find out more about organising your own group adventure day, please contact the Centre by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01382 435911.