Terms and Conditions of Booking
- Ancrum Outdoor Centre accepts your bookings on the basis of receiving full payment of the activity costs and payment should be received at least 2 weeks in advance of the activity date with the exception of last minute offers advertised on our website.
- Your booking is also made on the basis that you accept that the activity you have chosen to do involves risk, and that you accept responsibility for your actions associated with those risks. On the basis that, although it cannot be eliminated completely, risks will be managed by your instructor in line with current best practice, and that you will follow instructions given to you by the instructor.
- If booking on behalf of an organisation you accept that you have a duty of care to ensure that your group are aware of the risk nature of the activity and that they accept this in line with the terms and conditions laid out.
- If booking on behalf of an organisation you have obtained parental consent for any person under 18 to take part in this activity.
- Your booking is also accepted on the basis that you accept that you provide accurate medical information, so that we can be best informed with regard to managing your safety. It is extremely unlikely that any medical condition will prevent you from taking part in the activity.
- Ancrum Outdoor Centre does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to personal belongings, or personal injury unless it is caused by negligence on the part of instructors. If you are concerned about this we strongly recommend that you take out personal accident insurance cover through your own insurers.
- Ancrum Outdoor Centre reserves the right to modify activities in line with prevailing weather conditions or any limitations relating to client fitness or ability.
- We reserve the right to cancel activities on the very rare occasions when we judge that conditions make this necessary. In these circumstances a full refund or an alternative date will be offered. Ancrum Outdoor Centre does not accept liability for any other costs incurred in association with travel or accommodation in connection with your activity. If you are concerned about this please take out separate insurance.
- Cancellations by the client will usually result in the loss of a £10 administrative charge. If the cancellation is made more than 1 month before the activity date, then Ancrum Outdoor Centre will attempt to re book the day(s) with other clients. If successful a full refund will be given minus any payment processing charge, but otherwise any monies will not be refunded. Cancellations made within 2 weeks of the activity dates will result in loss of any monies already paid.